Is your windows taking much time to get started? Do you know why it is happening? Well, most of the time it's because of startup programs that auto start every time you turn on your PC. Thus, it's better to disable startup programs in Windows 10 or Windows 7 to fix such issues. If you don't know how to disable startup programs in Windows, here we will help you.
It's really frustrating to have a Windows PC or laptop that takes much time to get started. Mainly in cases when you need some works to be done immediately, extended windows boot time can be excruciating. However, it's straightforward to fix it. You need to merely disable startup programs in Windows 7 or Windows 10 to overcome most of the issues associated with the performance of your Windows PC or laptop. So, in this post, we will help you to know how to disable startup programs in Windows with proper steps and relevant images so that you can get the things more efficiently and disable startup programs in Windows. Have a look below to proceed...
Why You Need To Disable Startup Programs In Windows.
- To reduce the startup time of your windows it's necessary that you disable startup programs in Windows for all the unnecessary software.
- You can boost overall performance of your Windows system if you will disable startup programs in Windows 10 or Windows 7.
- Autostart programs suck battery and ram both, so it's better to disable startup programs in Windows to avoid low ram and battery consumption issues.
Let's now proceed to our primary motive, that's to how to disable startup programs in Windows 10 and 7.
Disable startup programs in Windows Following The Below Four Simple Steps
Step 1: Turn On Your PC and Visit Task Manager
Task manager is the one of the best element of windows that allow users to manage all the tasks associated with the software and programs installed on their windows and tasks that all such software and programs perform. It's the task manager that allows users to disable startup programs in Windows. There are several ways to get into task manager section and disable startup programs in windows 7 and 10; the easiest one is to click right in any open space in the taskbar and then to select the "Task Manager" from the available options on the screen.
Click to know “10 Ways to Decrease Windows Boot Time”.
Well, if this is the first time your opening the task manager to disable startup programs in Windows., you will automatically get into its compact mode wherein you will find the list of programs that are running presently. To disable startup programs in Windows, you need to access its additional features, and to access additional features and disable startup programs in Windows you need to click on "More Details" option available there on left most bottom of the Task Manager page.
Step 2: It's time to analyze application and software before you disable startup programs in Windows.
On this page, you will find an option as "Startup," click on it analyze the programmes and applications installed to disable startup programs in Windows. Startup page will list all the applications installed on your PC, and that starts as soon as you turn on your Windows PC. You will also get the appropriate details off all the programs like their manufacturer, installation date, etc. The startup tab will also help you to know the impact of particular programs and application to your windows startup speed before you disable them. Overall, this is the target task manager page where you will be putting manual efforts to disable startup programs in Windows 10 or Windows 7.
Step 3: Now You Need To Select The RespectivePrograms and Software and then disable startup programs in Windows.
Once you analyze your application and their impact on your Windows startup, you need to select the applications and disable them. However, make sure whatever application and programs you're disabling will not affect the performance of your system. Few programs need to be enabled for the startup as such programmes are to ensure the high performance of your PC. In Case if you will disable startup programs in Windows for such vital programs, you may have to compromise with the performance of your Windows PC and laptop. Thus, before you disable startup programs in Windows 7 or Windows 10, make sure it will not affect the performance of your Windows PC or laptop.
Step 4: Finally disable startup programs in Windows
Once you're sure, just select the target program and disable startup programs in Windows for that particular program. You can do so by clicking right on the respective program and then click on Disable.
You can also disable multiple programs together by selecting them all together and then clicking on the "Disable" available in bottom.
That's it. You're done with it. You've successfully disable startup programs in Windows 7, and Windows 10 and disabled programs will no longer get started with your windows startup.
- Don't disable every programs. There are only few programs that reduces your system performance. So before analyzing them, analyze their properties.
- Make a search before you disable a program that you've no idea about. Just search online about the respective windows program and you will know whether you should disable that or not.
- There are many third-party tools available that works to manage the autostart programs. Some of autostart management tools are paid and some of them are free. The free versions always have ads and limited features. So, if you want to opt third-party tools to disable startup programs in Windows, make sure you pick the right tool.
- In Cases, when you use any third party tool, make sure to download and install from legal sources only with an eye on their terms and condition page to ensure security and privacy. Scan them with antivirus tool as well. If you're familiar with best antivirus for windows, visit our another post to pick the one for your pc. You can get all the details here - "The 5 Best Free Windows Antivirus Software of 2018".
So that's how you can disable startup programs in Windows. Hope the post helps you to know how to disable startup programs in Windows 10 and 7. Keep following us to get more such techy stuff.