In previous article, I mentioned How To Fix Operation Has Been Cancelled In Device Manager but in this article, I have mentioned how to resolve error "Msvcr110.dll Missing" on Windows 11.
Msvcr110.dll is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file needed by software developed with Visual C++. It is essential for games and other programs and can cause some programs to fail if it is missing in their setup. As that, it is not uncommon to come across a message like:
The program can’t start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer.
There are several reasons why you may be seeing this error message. It could be because of a deleted or corrupted Msvcr.dll file, hardware failure, registry problem, or virus. Sit back to learn how you can fix this error on Windows 11.
Fix 1: Update Your Windows
You may see this error if your Windows 11 PC is missing some updates, and you can fix it by checking for Windows updates and updating your Windows OS. Follow the steps below to check and install Windows updates on your PC.
Open your PC Settings by searching for settings in your search bar and clicking the Settings icon from the search results page. You can also press the Windows, and I keys together\ from anywhere on the computer.
Step 2: Windows Update
Click on the Windows Update option at the end of the settings on the left window pane.
Step 3: Check for Updates
Click on the Check for updates button at the top right side of the Windows Update page, then wait for the system to check for available updates.
Note that you should have an active internet connection to do this.
Step 4: Install Updates
Download and install any available updates when the search is complete, and it should fix the msvcr110.dll error.
Fix 2: Check Your Recycle Bin
It is unlikely, but not impossible, to delete the msvcr110.dll. Fortunately, Windows 11 does not permanently delete your files; instead, it moves them to your Recycle Bin so you can access them if you change your mind.
Follow the steps below to check the Msvcr110.dll file in your Recycle Bin and restore it if you have deleted it:
Step 1: Open Recycle Bin
Double-click on the Recycle Bin icon from the desktop to open it.
You can also search for Recycle Bin with the Windows search button and click the Recycle Bin app from the search result.
Step 2: Search for msvcr110.dll.
Type msvcr110.dll in the search box in the recycle bin, select the file if you find it in the results, and select the Undo Delete option.
Fix 3: Run An Antivirus Scan
The msvcr110.dll file may be missing because of a virus on your PC, and you can fix this by running a virus scan. Follow these steps to run a virus scan on your PC.
- Press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- In the Start Menu, search Windows Security and select the top result.
- In the left window pane, select Virus & threat protection.
- On the right side, select Scan options.
- Next, choose the Full scan option.
- Select Scan Now.
You can also use trusted third-party tools for antivirus scans on your PC.
Fix 4: Install DirectX Runtime Libraries
Installing Install DirectX Runtime Libraries is another way to fix the msvcr110.dll missing error, as the installation will help replace the missing file. Follow these steps to do this:
- Visit the official page of the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer here.
- Click on the Download button to download the DirectX Runtime Libraries file setup.
- After downloading the file, open your File Explorer by pressing the Windows and E keys together or double-clicking the File Explorer attached to your Taskbar.
- Go to the Downloads folder (or any folder you set for downloads) on the left window pane. This folder should contain the dxwebsetup.exe file.
- Double-click the dxwebsetup.exe file to initiate the installation.
- Click on the I accept agreement radio button.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Restart your PC after the installation is complete.
Fix 5: Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update
Another way to fix the msvcr110.dll error message is installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable update. Follow these steps to install this update:
- Visit the download page of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update here.
- Click the Download button from the download page.
- Choose a vc_redist.x64.exe (64-bit) or vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit) download option, depending on your PC type.
- After the download is complete, open your File Explorer by pressing the Windows and E keys together or double-clicking the File Explorer attached to your Taskbar.
- Go to the Downloads folder on the left window pane or any folder you set for your downloaded files. You will find the Visual C++ you just downloaded in this folder.
- Select the Visual C++ file and click on I accept.
- Restart your PC after the installation is complete.
Run A System File Checker Scan Using Command Prompt
Command Prompt is used to solve several issues on your PC. Follow these steps to run a system file checker scan on your PC using Command Prompt:
- Open the Search Menu and search cmd in the Search Bar.
- It will bring up the Command Prompt search result. In the right window pane, click on Run as administrator.
- Copy the command below, paste it into the Command Prompt, and hit the enter key. Then, hold on for the system health restoration to complete.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Next, run the system file scan by copying the command below and pasting it into the Command Prompt, then hit the Enter key.
- Wait for the scan to be complete, then close the command prompt.
Try the fixes in this post one after another, and you should find one that will work for you.
You may also like to read: