In previous article, we have mentioned about best Webcam Software for windows, but if you are just about to create your YouTube channel or want to share screen recording with other team mates of your office, you might need a excellent screen recording software, so in this article we will provide you the list of best screen recording softwares with their features.
What is Screen Recording Software?
Screen recording is a useful feature that helps with recording online broadcasts that you can study later or send to someone. Using the app/software, you capture videos, games, webinars, and Skype sessions. You can also use the software to record videos from external devices such as IPTV, smartphone, webcam, and PlayStation/Xbox.
Before buying a screen capturing tool, you should assess your needs. Below are some common factors that should be considered before buying a Screen Recording Software or app-
- It should support system audio and Microphone recording if you want to stream a gaming video.
- It should film picture-in-picture to capture video from screen and webcam.
- It would be great if it could support recording from external devices.
- It should support variety of common file trypes used in which most common being used is AVI and MPEG4 movie recording.
Below is the list of the top 5 best screen recording software for Windows in 2021.
1) Camtasia (Free Trial)
It is one of the best apps that can create interactive videos containing clickable links to generate dynamic video content that can be used in the workplace or in the classroom. It is the best app for presentation recordings and interactive quizzes.
- Resizable capture area
- It lets you add captions to your recordings.
- Records on multiple video and audio tracks
- Not for basic users
- Software is free only for first 30 days
- Standard: $249
- Educational: $169
- Government & NonProfit: $223.97
2) Movavi Screen Capture Studio (Free Trial)
It is one if the best softwares for Streaming, presentations, digitization of VHS Tapes, and Screencasting. Text addition in various styles, stabilization, pan/zoom and frame-by-frame editing are some other options that make this software truly unique and totally worth a try.
- Formats supported are MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, GIF, MP3, PNG, BMP, JPG
- Has multiple filters and animation
- Noice reduction feature available
- Free version is for 7 days only
- Big watermark on videos created
Pricing Structure: Free trial is available with premium version starting at $25
3) Icecream Screen Recorder (Free Version Available)
It is is an easy-to-use free screen recording software that enables you to record any area of your screen or save it as a screenshot. Whether its a video of a game, webinar or a Skype conversations, you can use Icecream screenrecorder to make it look extremely professional.
- Ability to choose resolution and aspect ratio.
- Multiple file format supported
- While recording videos, you can zoom in with the help of Zoom tool available
- Free version is limited to only 5 min of recording
- Has watermark in free version
Pricing Structure: Software is free to use with pro version available at $29.95
4) TinyTake (Free Version Available)
If you want a simple tool to record your screen activity that won’t confuse you with a complicated UI, hidden tools and loads of commands, TinyTake is the ideal option for you. It is fast in recoring screen activity and taking screenshots.
- One of the best apps for basic users
- Built-in viewer is optimized for mobile devices
- Annotation support and Webcam integration
- Free version is for personal use only. No commercial
- Recording limit is only 5 minutes in free version
Pricing Structure: Below is the plan table:
It brings a vast set of video editing tools to the table, which is what makes it a favorite among the gaming community and professionals who know their way around the software. It's streamlined settings panel gives you access to a wide array of configuration options to tweak every aspect of your broadcast or recording.
- Multiple file formats supported
- 60FPS support
- Best for advanced users specially gamers
- No video editor
- Might be difficult to use for general or basic users.
Pricing Structure: Free to use. Download link