There is no doubt that Windows 10 operating system is favorite of many because of its gaming capabilities and functionality. However, sometimes to make games run faster in Windows 10 you may have to put some manual efforts. There are so many factors that affect the gaming performance of Windows 10. Here we will help you to know each of them and troubleshoot them to make games run faster in windows 10.
Follow all the below tips and instruction successfully boost the gaming speed and make games run faster in windows 10.
Make Games Run Faster In Windows 10 By Following These Five Approaches
1.Reduce Boot Time Of Your Pc To Make Games Run Faster In Windows 10
When you install windows, windows system boots up in minimum time. However, with time the boot time of windows system increases. The main reason behind this increase boot time of windows is auto-start programs. These programs get starts every time you turn on your Windows PC or laptop and thus affect the overall boot time of your PC. These autostart programs suck ram and battery drastically and thus slows down your PC or laptop. Its necessary to manage auto-start characteristics of such programs by disabling the auto-start function to make games run faster in windows 10. Overall, it's the best approach to speed up windows 10 for gaming. Have a look below to know how to proceed and disable auto-start programs to make to make games run faster in windows 10.
Step 1: Go to task manager
To make games run faster in windows 10 in windows, the procedures start with task manager. Simply, press key combination Ctrl+Shift+Esc to get into the task manager. There you will be performing a manual setting operation to speed up windows 10 for gaming.
Step 2: Go To The Advanced Setting
The task manager page will show the list of programs running presently with every detail. To make games run faster in Windows 10, you need to get into the advanced features of task manager. Thus, merely click on more details tab to access the advanced features as shown above in the image where you will manually put efforts to make windows 10 faster for gaming.
Step 3: Go To Startup Tab
It's time to analyze all the programs you have on your PC with their key characteristics before disabling them to make games run faster in windows 10. To analyze the startup programs, you need to click on startup tab.
The startup page will show you all the programs that start as soon as you turn on your PC and suck the ram unnecessary. Now just select all the programs that run unnecessary and disable them to make windows 10 faster for gaming.
That's it you've successfully disabled autostart programs in windows 10. It is one of the best approaches to make games run faster in windows 10.
To know how to disable startup programs in windows appropriately with images visit here "How to disable startup programs in windows."
2. Uninstall All The Unnecessary Softwares and programs To Make Games Run Faster In Windows
It's another best approach to make games run faster in windows 10. Fac is, the more will be the software and programs installed on your PC, the less efficiently your windows will perform tasks. Unnecessary software and programs suck ram of your system, and that's why the slow down the overall performance of your PC. It's unnecessary and burdensome software programs that don't allow games to run smoothly in windows. So, it's better to uninstall them to make games run faster in windows 10. Have a look below to proceed and make games run faster in windows 10.
Step 1: Go To Control Panel Of Your PC
The process to make games run faster in Windows 10 starts with the control panel. Control panel is the place where a user gets accessibility to control and manage software and programs installed on PC.. Go to search tab and search “control panel” to get into it. You can also get into “control panel” by hitting critical Win+R together. This will be your first step to make windows 10 faster for gaming.
Step 2: Go To Programs And Features
Once you open the control panel page, you need to get into Programs and Features menu to proceed to make games run faster in windows 10. There you will get the complete list of programs with all the necessary details to analyze whether you need to uninstall particular software to make games run faster in windows 10 or not.
Step 3: Now Select and Uninstall Unnecessary Softwares and programs to make games run faster in windows 10.
Now select the target software and programs to uninstall and free space and ram to make games run faster in windows 10. However, make sure that you're not uninstalling any critical or necessary software or program that support your windows to perform better. Once you're sure to uninstall, just select the software or programs and click uninstall to make games run faster in windows 10 and to make windows 10 faster for gaming.
That's it. This is another best approach to make games run faster in Windows 10, and it works most of the time.
3. Try Updating Video Adapter Driver And Sound Card Driver Of Your System To Make Games Run Faster In Windows
To update these drivers you need either contact manufacturer of respective video and sound card driver. To get the manufacturer details follow the below steps:
For Video Card Manufacturer:
Step 1: Go to search tab and search for dxdiag.
Step 2: Select display option available on the dialogue page.
Step 3: Now find the name and manufacturer details under device section.
You can also update driver in Windows 10, click on the Start button to open the WinX Menu and select Device Manager (or type Device Manager in Cortana search). Expand Display adapters to see your graphic card details. In my case below, you will see an Intel as well as a NVIDIA GeGorce entry. This means that my laptop switches between these two hardware depending on the need.
So you would need to update Inter(R) HD Graphics family as well as NVIDIA GeForce card drivers (depending on your laptop/PC , if you have both graphic cards, update them both). You can right-click on them and select Update Driver Software to update the drivers.
The wizard will open and offer you two options:
- To search online automatically
- To browse to the drive software on your computer
Select and click on the option you want, to proceed further, driver will start updating depending on the option you select.Once the Graphic Driver is installed, you will be informed and ask to restart your PC.
For sound card driver:
Step 1: Go to search tab and search for dxdiag as you did earlier in the above steps.
Step 2: Go to sound tab
Step 3: Collect manufacturer details.
That's. Now you need to contact the respective manufacturer and ask for the driver update solution. They will guide to proceed.
4. Try Adjusting Your System For Best Performance And Make Games Run Faster In Windows
To do this you need to follow the below steps.
Step 1: Go to search tab and search for "Advance system setting". Get into it.
Step 2: On the advance setting page you will find an option "setting" available under “performance” section. Click on it.
Step 3: Now you will arrive on Visual Effects Tab and there you need to click on "adjust for best appearance" option. Click ok to save and then exit the advance setting.
Now run the game and check whether performance is improved or not. Hopefully, this approach will work to make games run faster in windows.
5. Defrag your Hard-Disk to improve it's Speed
Files stored on HDD are stored dispersedly, not continously, so making Defragementation of your Windows Drive will improved performance, as Deframentation tries to solve this issue.
Steps To Defrag:
Step 1: Open File Explorer.
Step 2: Expand This PC.
Step 3: Choose a drive (You should choose Windows Drive first and then other drives, Usually C: drive) and click Drive Tools -> Optimize, you will see Window like below:
Select Drive and Click "Optimize"
6. Enable Game Mode in Windows 10
In Windows 10, you can specially optimize your PC for playing games.
Navigate to games settings and enable game mode.
- Click "Window Key+I" (Windows Settings will open)
- Select "Gaming"
- Select "Game Mode"
- Enable "Game Mode" to turn on, as show below in image
7. Disable Superfetch (Sysmain)/Prefetch In Windows 10
Well, usually it is good idea to enable Superfetch (Sysmain) and Prefetch in Windows 10, but if you are experiencing slower Windows then it is better to disable them. It is basically used by Windows to decrease time to load program which you use most-often.
To Disable Superfetch in Windows 10
Follow the below steps to disable Superfetch
- Press "Windows + R", type "services.msc" and ok
- The Services window displays, scroll down and Find "Superfetch" in the list.
- Right-click "Superfetch", then select "Properties".
- Select the "Stop" button if you wish to stop the service
- In the "Startup type" dropdown menu, choose "Disabled".
- Click apply and ok, that’s all Superfetch service is disabled.
- Restart windows and check if there is no more high Disk or CPU usage.
To Disable Prefetch
Follow the beloe steps to disable Prefetch
- Press "Windows + R", type "regedit" and ok
- It wil open Windows Register Editor
- Naviagte to HKLM -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Control -> Session Manager -> Memory Management -> PrefetchParameters
- Double-click on "EnablePrefetcher" in the right side to open its DWORD value box.
- Set DWORD value to 0 to disable Prefetch, by Default it is 3.
If the "EnablePrefetcher" doesn't exists, you can create one, by right-clicking the "PrefetchParameters" folder, then choose "New" > "DWORD Value" and Give name "EnablePrefetcher".
8. Adjust In-Game Settings
If you're playing massive games then obviously you need high-end windows devices. Well, there are some games that can be customised manually through accessing their settings to run smoothly on any devices. So, better you scan the setting and compare that with your windows system characteristics. If needed reduce the graphic scale, visual effects and access other advanced game customization settings to improve the gaming performance.
Other Solutions (including Investment Based):
- Clean Your System: Cleaning your System can effectively help to make games run faster in Windows 10 by providing sufficient space for the games to run smoothly. Click here to know how to "Free Up space in windows 10".
- Try To Boost Ram And HDD: Slow gaming performance can be because of low ram and storage. So, try to add additional ram and storage to your PC if your system is compatible. This is the ultimate solution that works every time to make games run faster in windows 10. Boosting ram and HDD can effectively help you to speed up windows 10 for gaming.
- Invest in Graphic Card: If your system has the low graphics card installed, then probably you will never be able to play massive games on your PC and make games run faster in windows 10. So, better you install a new graphics card for gaming that can perform really well on your PC and can offer you ultimate gaming experience. It's the best way to speed up windows 10 for gaming.
- Try using SSD instead of Usual Hard Disk: You must have heard of Solid State Drive (SSD), which makes your PC faster even your Intel Pentium-4 will work as Core I3 with RAM, if you use SSD instead of HDD. In an SSD, all data is stored in integrated circuits. This difference from HDDs has a lot of implications, especially in size and performance.
So that how to make games run faster in windows 10. Hope the content was really helpful and assist you to make games run faster in windows 10. Keep following us to get more such tips and technical tutorials.
You may also like to read: