Postimage is one of the best platforms for uploading and hosting images online. You can use this platform for free, but you can only upload images that are not larger than 24MB. Its premium package may also be too expensive, and it does not have a mobile app. However, there are other postimage alternatives which you can consider, if these drawbacks are discouraging.
Imgur is one of the most popular image-hosting platforms. You can sign up to get a free account or use it without opening an account. If you do not open an Imgur account, you should retain the link to your image and share it whenever you want others to access it. Imgur also has a mobile app for Android and iOS devices.
Features Of Imgur
- You can upload pictures in different formats, including JPEG, GIF, PNG, APNG, TIFF, BMP, PDF, and XCF (GIMP).
- It has an image editing tool where you can edit your pictures before uploading them.
- It has a simple interface that lets you upload images in a few clicks.
- You can easily share images to other platforms if you have an Imgur account.
- It is free, and you can pay an optional $5 to get rid of ads.
- You can upload up to 50 images per hour.
Flickr is one of the best image hosting platforms, and like Postimage, you can open a free account on this platform. It is suitable for professional and amateur photographers interested in sharing their works. Flickr's free service comes with ads, but you can upgrade to Flickr Pro to enjoy some advanced features.
Features Of Flickr
- It has a stats section where you can analyze the engagements of your photos and videos.
- You can organize your photos in albums so you can easily find them in the future.
- It has a photostream feature that acts as a public portfolio and contains about 25 of your best pictures.
- It has an image editing tool that you can use to make changes to your photos before you upload them.
- You can sync your data across different devices to the cloud.
- It has mobile apps for Android and iOS.
Photobucket is one of the best alternatives to Postimage. You enjoy up to 2GB of storage space with a free account, and it has apps for mobile devices. Its paid service is also good, as you get up to 25GB of storage for subscriptions as low as $6.
Features Of Photobucket
- You can sync your data on the cloud across different devices.
- You can arrange your photos in albums, so you can easily access them when needed.
- It has an editing tool that you can use to add filters, annotations, and crop photos before uploading them.
- It encrypts your activities to secure your privacy.
- It has mobile apps for Android and iOS.
- You can share the same image on multiple forums or third-party sites without uploading it every time.
Pixabay is a suitable alternative to Postimage. It is a free platform where individuals and organizations can share photos, illustrations, film footage, music, and graphic vectors. Pixabay is a platform where you can source images that are not copyright-protected.
Features Of Pixabay
- You can access its content without opening an account.
- Pixabay's SafeSearch feature lets minors access its content without encountering pornographic images.
- It has Microsoft Word and PowerPoint plugins that you can use to search for images without leaving your Word document or Powerpoint slideshow.
- It has a WordPress plugin that lets you search for images and use them in your blog.
- You can filter search results by image type (clipart, photo) and orientation (horizontal, vertical).
- It has infinite scrolling for preview images in search results.
Imgbox is a free image hosting and sharing service. It is one of the best free Postimage alternatives because it has a clean interface and displays no ads. Though it is a free platform, you get unlimited storage space on Imgbox.
Features Of Imgbox
- You can upload JPG, GIF, and PNG files.
- You get free unlimited storage space and time.
- It has a drag-and-drop interface that lets you upload pictures with ease.
- It is a fast image hosting and sharing platform.
- It features hotlinks to embed the hosted image in other websites, forums, or blogs.
- It supports image formats of up to 10MB in size.
ImageShack is one of the best alternatives to Postimage. It is a paid image hosting service where you can upload and share images across popular platforms. ImageShack offers a free 30-day trial which gives you a taste of its services.
Features Of ImageShack
- You can organize your images in albums according to topics or themes.
- You can control who has access to your content.
- It supports image formats like PNG, JPG, GIF, TIFF, and BMP.
- It lets you upload images of up to 25MB in size.
- You get unlimited storage on all its plans.
- It has apps for Android and iOS devices.
ImgBB is a suitable alternative to Postimage. It is a free online image hosting and sharing service with an easy-to-use interface. You can also upgrade to an ImgBB Pro account to unlock extra features.
Features Of ImgBB
- It supports JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, WEBP, HEIC, and PDF files.
- The free plan lets you upload images of up to 32MB in size.
- You can choose how long your images remain on your page until they get deleted permanently.
- It automatically generates links for the image you upload.
- It has an image editor you can use to make changes to images before they are uploaded.
- You can sort the image you upload into albums.
Postimage is one of the best image hosting platforms, but it lacks some features you can find in alternative platforms. You should use at least one of the alternatives suggested in this article.
You may also like to read: