In previous article, I mentioned Best alternative of MS Office but in this article, I have mentioned some of the best google drive alternatives with it's features.
Google's popularity is almost second to none in the tech industry, and, understandably, Google Drive is the most popular file storage platform for many people.
However, Google Drive isn't the only platform you can turn to for storing files online - there are several other options, and you will find them in this article.
The following are some of the best Google Drive alternatives you can try.
It isn't surprising that Dropbox is the first cloud storage mentioned when analyzing Google Drive alternatives. Many people and organizations consider Dropbox an excellent alternative to Google Drive because of its reputation over the years and its features.
Dropbox works fast and efficiently whether you use your computer or smartphone to upload files. When these files are uploaded, it is easy to organize them as you need just a few clicks to do the sorting. You can also integrate Dropbox with Google Workspace or Office 365.
Dropbox's free plan is very appealing if you are like "most people" who prefer free plans for cloud storage.
- Dropbox's free plan comes with 2GB of storage space.
- You can upload data on Dropbox from virtually anywhere.
- Dropbox makes editing and viewing files very easy.
- You can choose a paid plan depending on how much data you want to upload.
- 2GB storage for free on Dropbox Basic.
- 3TB storage for $16.58 monthly on Dropbox Professional.
- 3TB storage for $24.99 monthly on Dropbox Professional + eSign.
- 5TB storage at $12.50 per user monthly on Dropbox Standard.
- 5TB storage at $50 per user monthly on Dropbox Standard + DocuSign.
- Unlimited cloud storage at $20 per user on Dropbox Advanced.
Sync.com has become one of the best cloud storage options in recent times. The combination of quality customer service and more storage space makes it a perfect alternative to Google Drive.
This cloud storage is one of the best for securing your data. It offers security features like end-to-end encryption, Transport Layer Security (TLS), and an optional Two-Factor Authentication.
Sync.com is easy to use, and you can access your data from anywhere without hitches.
- The free plan offers 5GB of storage space.
- The flexible monthly payment for paid plans.
- It has an option that automatically syncs your data.
- You can upload data through a data client or in-browser.
- Sync.com offers 180-day to 365-day file history and recovery.
- 5GB storage and 5GB transfer for free on the Personal Free Plan.
- 200GB storage and 200GB transfer for $5 monthly ($60 annually) on the Personal Mini Plan.
- 2TB storage and unlimited transfer for $8 monthly ($96 annually) on the Pro Solo Basic Plan.
- 3TB storage and unlimited transfer for $10 monthly ($120 annually) on the Pro Solo Standard Plan.
- 4TB storage and unlimited transfer for $15 monthly ($180 annually) on the Pro Solo Plus Plan.
- 1TB storage per user and unlimited transfer for $5 monthly ($60 annually) on the Pro Teams Standard Plan.
- 4TB storage per user and unlimited transfer for $8 monthly ($96 annually) on the Pro Teams Plus Plan.
- 10TB storage per user and unlimited transfer for $15 monthly ($180 annually) on the Pro Teams Advanced Plan.
pCloud is one of the least known cloud storage. Over the past decade, pCloud's users have increased, and you may also become one when you check it out.
If you are looking for more space for free, pCloud offers 10GB of storage on its free plan. If you can afford to pay for cloud storage, you can get more storage space at lower prices from pCloud.
- pCloud has an in-built media player that allows you access to the files you have backed up.
- Automatically backup your files.
- You can choose to sync files from a specific folder only.
- With pCloud Crypto, you can encrypt files on your computer or mobile before backing them up. To unlock these files, you will need a generated key known as CryptoPass.
- 10GB storage for free on the Free Plan.
- 500GB storage for $4.99 monthly ($47.88 annually or a $175 one-time payment lifetime plan) on the Premium Plan.
- 2TB storage for $9.99 monthly ($95.88 annually or a $350 one-time payment lifetime plan) on the Premium Plus Plan.
- 1TB storage per user for $9.99 monthly ($287.64 per year) on the Business Plan.
- 2TB storage for up to five users for a $500 one-time payment for life on the Family Plan.
Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud storage platform you should check if your computer runs on Windows. Some of your files may have been automatically backed up to Microsoft OneDrive, especially if you have created a OneDrive account.
With Microsoft OneDrive, you can quickly upload backup files on your computer for business and personal use.
- Microsoft OneDrive's free plan offers users 5GB of storage space.
- Microsoft OneDrive lets you integrate with One Note, Office, Outlook, and Skype.
- It automatically checks uploaded files for viruses and Spyware.
- It allows you automatically back up files or folders.
- 5GB storage for free on the OneDrive Basic 5GB plan.
- 100GB storage for $1.99 monthly on the OneDrive Standalone 100GB plan.
- 1TB storage for $6.99 monthly (or $69.99 annually) on the Microsoft 365 Personal plan.
- 6TB storage for $9.99 monthly (or $99.99 annually) on the Microsoft 365 Family plan that comes with one month's free trial and accommodates a maximum of six users.
- 1TB storage per user for $12.50 monthly per user (one month free trial) on the Microsoft 365 Business Standard plan.
- 1TB storage per user for $5 monthly per user on the Microsoft 365 Business Basic plan.
- 1TB storage per user for $5 monthly per user on OneDrive for Business (Plan One).
- Unlimited storage for $10 monthly on OneDrive for Business (Plan Two).
Amazon Drive is a cloud storage application managed by Amazon. With Amazon's reputation, you would expect that Amazon Drive is an excellent alternative to Google Drive, and of course, it does not disappoint in that regard.
You do not need to be a "file backup guru" to use Amazon Drive. It is easy to use and allows you to navigate smoothly. Amazon Drive is a must-have if you wish to back up large files.
It requires you to have an Amazon Prime account, and you can get 5GB of free storage for life. If that is not satisfactory, you can go for affordable premium plans.
- You can access your files with Amazon Drive's iOS and Android apps.
- You can schedule file uploads.
- Unlimited photo uploads if you have an Amazon Prime account.
- You can integrate the drive with Fire TV to do a slideshow of your pictures on your television.
- Affordable premium plans.
- Aside from the free 5GB storage plan, Amazon Drive offers 13 other paid plans, but here are the three that would give you good value for your money.
- 100GB storage for $1.99 monthly (or $19.99 annually.
- 1TB storage for $59.99 annually.
- 30TB storage for $1,800 annually.
NordLocker, developed by the same company that manages NordVPN, assures you maximum data security.
NordLocker uses advanced ciphers like XChaCha20, EdDSA, Argon2, and AES256 to encrypt files protected on the cloud. You can use NordLocker on your Windows and macOS devices.
- It secures your files on a private cloud, and you can access them from anywhere.
- You can encrypt and back up files automatically with NordLocker.
- NordLocker uses trusted ciphers to encrypt files.
- You can protect your account with multi-factor authentication.
- You can share any file with anyone.
- Here are some of the best pricing options on NordLocker :
- 3GB storage for free.
- 500GB storage for $7.99 monthly.
- 2TB storage for $19.99 monthly (or $119.88 annually)
Box is one of the least known alternatives to Google Drive, but it is as good as others. It promises an easy platform to upload, secure, and access data.
If you need a good storage platform for your team, Box has nice sharing and collaboration features that can help businesses.
- You can easily integrate with Google Workspace and Office 365.
- Box creates a folder for automatically backing up files.
- You can download files from Box's browser.
- You can choose who can see your files and when they can.
- 10GB storage for free on the Individual Plan.
- 100GB storage (with a 5GB file upload limit) at $10 monthly on the Personal Pro Plan.
- 100GB storage (with 2GB file upload limit) at $5 monthly on Business Starter. Minimum of 3 users.
- Unlimited storage (with a 5GB file upload limit) at $15 monthly on the Business plan. Minimum of 3 users.
- Unlimited storage (with 15GB file upload limit) at $25 monthly on Business Plus. Minimum of 3 users.
- Unlimited storage (with 50GB file upload limit) at $35 monthly on Enterprise. Minimum of 3 users.
Backblaze is relatively unknown, but its cheap offering for unlimited cloud storage may tempt you away from Google Drive.
It has an easy-to-use interface, and you will experience no hitches when uploading files. Also, files uploaded to Backblaze will remain untouched except if you decide to access them.
- You can upload files of any size.
- It comes with a tracking tool that can locate a stolen computer.
- You can upload files instantly from your computer or mobile.
- You can restore files accidentally deleted from Backblaze.
- Backblaze does not offer free cloud storage but has simple payment options
- Unlimited storage for $7 monthly.
- It has Unlimited storage space for $70 yearly.
- It has Unlimited storage space for $130 for two years.
Google Drive makes it easy to backup and manage files, but you should consider the alternatives we have shortlisted in this article.
You may also like to read: