One essential factor to consider for success as a software automation tester is picking the right tool. Generally, automation software tools are designed to verify function or non-functional requirements (or both), via automated test scripts. However, you will not get your desired results if you cannot identify a reliable tool that will suit your needs.
There are several tools with different strengths and weaknesses, and what is good for someone may not be suitable for you. Therefore, this post will highlight the best automation software tools for anyone. Note that these tools are considered best because they are used more frequently and have amazing features.
Let's check out the list.
Selenium empowers you as a software developer or tester by automating drivers. Then, you can decide what to do with that power.
It is an open-source web automation tool primarily designed for automating web applications for testing purposes, but that is not all - it automates boring web-based administration tasks too.
- It helps to create complex and advanced automation scripts using the Selenium WebDriver.
- It supports parallel test execution which helps it to reduce test execution time.
- Selenium IDE, a browser add-on, offers record and playback features
- It can run tests across different browsers.
- It supports various operating systems.
TestComplete is an automated UI testing that covers you from the device cloud to packaged apps. It is an easy-to-use, GUI test automation tool that ensures the quality of your application without sacrificing speed or agility.
It runs on an AI-powered object recognition engine with an unmatched script or scriptless flexibility, and it is suitable for testing every desktop, web, and mobile application with ease.
- It features web, mobile, and desktop testing.
- It has a simple user interface with extensive functionalities for testing GUIs.
- It is suitable for code or codeless test creation.
- It has superior object recognition using ML and AI.
- It supports testing enterprise applications such as SAP, Oracle EBS, and Salesforce.
TestRigor is an automation tool - a manual tester that automates tests about 15 times faster, spending about 99.5% less time on maintenance.
It takes care of the heavy lifting in test maintenance, allowing you to focus on the right words to express what you need to test. That is, you need not be bogged down with coding based on details of implementation and test maintenance.
- It builds tests that run in all Desktop and Mobile browsers and native mobile applications.
- It reduces QA headaches and makes your team happy.
- It helps you adapt to new functionalities with ease.
- It enables team scaling.
- Reallocate QA Engineers to build API tests.
- Manual QA creates and maintains automated tests.
Katalon is a modern and comprehensive quality management platform that delivers world-class digital experiences with an AI-augmented platform. It lets you plan, author, and execute automated tests with ease.
- It aligns with requirements and testing strategy.
- It balances low-code ease with full-code flexibility, making adoption fast.
- It quickly records and playback real-world scenarios.
- It features TestOps which organizes your test artifacts all in one place.
- Instant web & mobile test environments.
- It provides real-time visibility and actionable insights.
Appium is an open-source test automation framework you can use with native, hybrid, and mobile web apps. It drives iOS, Android, and Windows apps using the WebDriver protocol.
It is based on server architecture and uses vendor-provided automation frameworks.
- It automates mobile apps from any language and any test framework.
- Its native apps testing does not require SDK or recompiling of the app.
- It drives iOS, Android, and Windows apps using the WebDriver protocol.
Cypress is an automation tool that lets you test, automate, and accelerate. It allows you easily create tests for modern web applications, debug them visually, and automatically run them in your continuous integration builds.
- It lets you test modern apps and debug failures directly in the browser.
- You will write your first passing test in minutes.
- It lets you eliminate flaky tests quickly.
- It lets you optimize your runs for a faster feedback loop.
Functionize is a low-code ai-powered testing tool for the enterprise. It lets you drive innovation by empowering your teams with E2E tests that self-heal and run at scale in the cloud. With Functionize, you can speed up development, lower costs, and improve quality in CI/CD environments.
- It lets you test faster in less time.
- It accelerates releases and regains time for higher-value tasks.
- It speeds up releases and increases the value of existing teams.
- It powers tests with AI/ML to run on any browser in the cloud, and self-heal as your site changes.
- It maximizes ROI and reduces the overall cost of testing while gaining a virtual headcount.
- It lets you do the work of multiple people using machine learning.
You may also like to read:
Free Social Blade Alternatives
Google Analytics Alternatives (Open Source)
Confluence Alternatives (Open Source)