Blooket is a game designed to allow students to develop an interest in learning and also provides an interactive experience with their teachers. There are other games that are similar to Blooket, and this article discusses some of them.
Kahoot is an interactive gaming platform that builds games for every subject. It is simple and easy to use, even if you are not tech-savvy. Kahoot has over 50 million games available, and its website claims that over half of the teachers in the United States use it.
Features of Kahoot
- It has games suited for higher education students.
- You can import slides from Microsoft PowerPoint to create multiple-choice questions.
- Teachers can adjust the amount of time expected for students to answer questions.
- You can import questions or answer already existing ones.
- You can host games that other people can join using a unique ID.
- It has options for businesses that want to educate their employees.
Gimkit is a game-based platform that allows teachers and students to create and join educational games. It is one of the best games like Blooket and makes learning fun and collaborative. Gimkit started as a high school project but has since developed as one of the best educational gaming platforms.
Features of Gimkit
- You can earn in-game cash used to purchase upgrades and power-ups.
- You can submit questions to be answered by the rest of the class.
- You can assign it as automatically graded homework.
- It lets students answer questions at their pace.
- Students can use it to collaborate and build their assignments.
- Teachers can use it to grade assignments and save them in the directory.
Quizizz is a gaming-based educational platform similar to Blooket. It is easy to use, and teachers can search its database for hundreds of editable questions. Quizizz can is used on the web and has mobile applications for Android and iOS.
Features of Quizizz
- It has different themes, and you can add music to quizzes.
- It gives an in-depth analysis of the class's performance.
- Businesses can use it to create polls, onboarding training, and presentations.
- Teachers can customize the feedback students receive after answering questions.
- Teachers can create a leaderboard to encourage competition among students.
- It integrates with Google Classroom, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and others.
Quizlet is a flashcard learning tool that helps improve memory and retention. Unlike Blooket, which focuses on multiple-choice questions, it uses flashcards to give you basic information that would help you focus on what matters. Quizlet is available on the web and has mobile applications.
Features of Quizlet
- You can share study sets with other users.
- It integrates with Zoom to enhance long-distance learning.
- You can sync your data across different devices.
- It has a "smart grading" feature that ensures you are not graded incorrectly for minor mistakes.
- You can find existing flashcards created by students and teachers or create your own.
- You can collaborate with other students by sharing a link or QR code.
AhaSlides is an online poll and quiz maker that can be a suitable alternative to Blooket. It is a tool for classrooms, meetings, workshops, and any event that benefits from audience interaction. AhaSlides is free to use, but you can upgrade to a paid plan if you need more features.
Features of AhaSlides
- You have unlimited access to questions and all slide types.
- It has games like "spinner wheel" that you can use to select a random player to answer a question.
- It displays results in formats of your choice.
- You can add polls, quizzes, and others to your presentation.
- You can add time limits to questions.
- You can group players and let them work together.
Quizalize is a web-based game teacher can use to engage their class and deliver instant assessments. It helps teachers identify the strengths and weaknesses of their students and address them in real time. Quizalize has a basic free plan, but you should try the premium plan if you need advanced features.
Features of Quizalize
- You can import quizzes from Google Forms and manage classes using Google Classroom.
- It has a dashboard that shows real-time results.
- It has over 1 million ready-built lesson resources.
- You can display your games on a big screen while students play them on their mobile devices.
- You can get feedback from students and determine where your efforts need to be focused.
- You can choose from over 120 thousand pre-made quizzes or create your quiz.
EdApp is one of the best games similar to Blooket. It has more than 1,000 ready-made and customizable courses in different topics. EdApp is a suitable alternative to Blooket if you are looking for a game-based platform with packages for businesses.
Features of EdApp
- It gives in-depth insights into your overall performance.
- It has games like matching images to words, true or false questions, memory tile matching, and crossword-style puzzles.
- It has a wide range of templates and a drag-and-drop builder.
- You can let EdApp create a custom course for you.
- You can see what offers people are doing and notify students or employees who have not completed a course.
- You can make micro-courses to help employees learn without studying voluminous courses.
Blooket is a fun way to learn while preparing for tests or examinations. There are other platforms like Blooket that are at least as effective. You may get better results from these alternative platforms.
You may also like to read: