In one of the previous article, I have mentioned about Tradingview alternative for Crypto and Forex, but now in this article, I have mentioned about Rufus alternative for windows, linux or mac, which can be used to load Windows or Linux ISO in PC.
1. UNetbootin (Windows/Linux/Mac)
UNetbootin is excellent Rufus altrenative and it allows you to create bootable Live USB drives for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions without burning a CD.
It is an incredibly lightweight tool which is compatible with several Linux distros.
One of the drawbacks of using it, is that, it only supports linux ISO files.
- Easy to create bootable USB for Ubuntu and other Linux-based distros using it.
- Cross platform, can be used in Windows, Linux or Mac.
- Pretty fast in flashing images
2. PowerISO (Windows/Linux/Mac)
Power ISO is a great tool for making live bootable media.
PowerISO is a powerful CD / DVD / BD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, burn, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files, and mount ISO files with internal virtual drive.
It can process almost all CD / DVD / BD image files including ISO and BIN files. PowerISO provides an all-in-one solution.
- Create ISO file or BIN file from hard disk files or CD / DVD / BD discs.
- Can convert zip rar files to iso format.
- Can split large esd and wim files when creating bootable usb drive.
- Make bootable ISO file and create bootable CD, DVD disc.
- Create bootable USB drive.
3. Universal USB Installer (Windows)
Universal USB Installer is a simple application allowing us to create, in two simple steps, our own Linux installer to have in the pendrive.
This tool allows users to easily Boot from USB.
Make a USB Boot from a Live Linux distribution or Windows Installer.
- Excellent for flashing Windows and Linux images
- Very good, simple and easy to use.
4. DiskMaker X (Mac)
Diskmaker X is one of the best Rufus alternatives for macOS users.
DiskMaker X (formerly Lion DiskMaker) is an application built with AppleScript that you can use with many versions of OS X/macOS to build a bootable drive from OS X/macOS installer program (the one you download from the App Store).
- Launch the application and it will find the installation file using Spotlight
- App is fast
- Supports Mojave as well
5. Win32 Disk Imager (Windows/Linux)
Win32 Disk Imager program is designed to write a raw disk image to a removable device or backup a removable device to a raw image file.
In true sense, Win32 Disk Imager is a Rufus alternative because the performance of flashing is exceptionally great.
You provide the source of the system image and select the device to flash on.
- Best for flashing low-level utilities
- It is an open-source software and free to use.
- It is very useful for embedded development, namely, Arm development projects.
6. Balena Etcher (Windows/Linux/Mac)
Etcher is a powerful OS image flasher built with web technologies to ensure flashing an SDCard or USB drive is a pleasant and safe experience.
It is a free and open-source utility used for writing image files such as .iso and .img files, as well as zipped folders onto storage media to create live SD cards and USB flash drives.
It protects you from accidentally writing to your hard-drives, ensures every byte of data was written correctly, and much more.
- Validates Flashing before creating bootable USB
- Supports Linux, Windows and Mac.
- Quite fast when compared with Rufus.
That's it, there are more softwares out there but we have listed excellent ones when compared to Rufus.
You may also like to read: