Although, Action center in Windows 10 is an essential tool but we may want to disable or turn it off sometimes so in this article, I have provided step by step procedure to turn off Action Center in Windows 10.
About Windows 10 Action Center, what is it and usage.
The Windows 10 Action Center is an essential tool that collects all notifications, and it is a mandatory tool for power users and those who like to stay updated on things.
It can be found in the taskbar and collects any messages, warnings, or system updates you should be aware of. When set up right, you only need to check one place to get all the correct information.
Action Center also includes shortcuts like switching to airplane mode or reducing or adjusting the screen brightness (system action). Windows 10 Action Center is a platform that gathers notifications and allows the operators to gain access to certain features in the operating system.
The Action Center in Windows 10 is comparable to the notification system used on mobile devices such as Android phones and tablets. The action center notifies users of all upcoming events and provides extra capabilities such as performing specific commands such as turning off Wi-Fi or turning on Mobile Data.
The operating system can be advantageous, and all, but certain aspects get annoying. The action particular pops up all the time, even when working. The action centre notification could be distracting and all, sometimes even making you lose focus on what you are working on.
However, you'd have a few choices to select from when it comes to using the Action Centre. You can call them to don't get as many notifications, or you can disable it altogether. In this article, you'd be shown how to. However, due to the Windows edition and build you are using, the actual procedure might vary slightly. Here is a step-through-step guide on how to turn off Action Center on Windows 10.
By default, the Action Center of Windows 10 is hidden through the choice to indicate an icon at the Windows Taskbar which was designed by Microsoft. The showing icon is positioned at the proper facet of the system screen clock. This shows the notification that calls for the user's interest and a gateway to the Action Center.
The Action Center of Windows 10 is essential and also infuriating. Notifications pop up for everything, from messages or a new post on social media. The list is endless.
Those notifications sounds can get annoying, especially when you are working on your Windows 10 and the notifications keep popping in.
How to turn off Action Center Windows 10
To disable the Action Center Windows 10, you can easily do that using a toggle which is located in the interface;
- Open the windows+I to display the "settings" command button and then click on "System".
- You could click on the Start menu and press the "Settings" pop up to get to this window.
- Next, you’ll get to the System window page, click on the "Notifications & actions" settings icon located on the left side of your screen. Then, on the right, then click the "Turn system icons off or on" command icon.
- Then scroll down to the icon list and locate the on and off toggle to disable the Action Center. Close the "settings” and you are done.
Using the local policy group editor to disable the Action Center
On Windows 10, you can also disable the Action centre by using the local policy group editor also.
Note: to disable the Action Center using the local policy group editor on Windows 10, then follow the simple and easy steps below;
- In Windows 10 enterprise, tap on start, then type in gpedit.msc and then click on enter.
- In the local policy group editor page, scroll and locate "User configuration" -> Administration templates -> then select "Start menu and taskbar" ->Then "Remove Notification and Action Center"
- Right-click on it, then select "Edit" and select "Enabled"
- Press ok, and you are done.
- Restart your PC.
That's it, When you are done with above steps and if you look at the regular Settings window, you will see that the option is dimmed and you can no longer toggle it.
Hence, even though the Action Center has impressive features and helps performs a couple of tasks( shortcuts like toggling Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, turn quiet mode, and a lot more etc. It can get annoying, and sometimes you might want to disable it. Therefore, follow the step-by-step instructions to disable Action Center on Windows 10, and concentrate on whatever you are working on because it can get distracting.
You may also like to read: