In one of the previous article, I have mentioned Best Free Adobe acrobat alternative (PDF readers) and Best alternative of MS Office, now in this article, I have mentioned about best free adobe photoshop alternative with there features, so you can which one to use instead of Photoshop.
1. Paint.NET (Free)
Paint.NET is more powerful than Microsoft Paint and less complex than Photoshopping software, and there is no need to buy a subscription.
Paint.NET runs on Microsoft .NET, which is included as part of the app. It does not need to be installed separately.
Paint.NET will automatically run in 64-bit mode if possible. You must have a 64-bit capable CPU and an x64 edition of Windows.
One of Paint.NET’s most notable features is the fact that it uses a tabbed document interface. In other words, you can work with multiple documents or panels within one single window and use the tabs to move between them all.
- Tons of formats supported like PDN, BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF, TGA, and DDS
- Easy to use
- Great support team, with forum, tutorials
- Plugins to extend the software
- Very lightweight
- UI lacks a way to manage plugins
- Doesn't support PSD.
- Not cross-platform works on Windows only.
2. Krita (Free)
It is a free open source painting software. Its functions are as rich as Photoshop.
It is also one of the devices that people can use for graphics and new modes on the online board.
I also really like Krita because it looks and sounds a lot like a Photoshop tool, is set up the same way, and has a dark theme by default (but you can customize it if you need different shades in the app).
- Support drawing tablets and pens.
- Unusual project template.
- Support governors and guidelines.
- Similar look and feel to Photoshop
- No recording equipment.
- Can be slow at times
- Text resources are not as rich as Photoshop.
- No RAW camera filter.
3. GIMP (Free)
For devices like Photoshop, one of the most important indicators you want to learn is GIMP, and there are good reasons for this. GIMP or GNU Image Manipulation Program is a fully signed, feature-rich, advanced, and innovative tool that can do almost anything Photoshop can do, from Adobe's popular software system to open-source software.
- Integrated layer support in mixed mode.
- Support governors and guidelines.
- Support image cutting.
- History toolbar.
- The user interface looks outdated and needs to be modified.
- The text tool is amazing but not compatible at all.
- No camera filter is available.
- Difficult in finding tools.
4. Photo scape X (Free)
If you are looking for different effects, filters, and enhancements in a different area of Photoshop, Photo scape X may be the answer you need. With a library of over 1,000 filters, effects, frames, and simple editing tools, you can decorate your photos or change the look of your photos instantly.
PhotoScape X is an all-in-one photo editing software which provides photo-related features such as Photo Viewer, Editor, Cut Out, Batch, Collage, Combine, Create GIF, Color Picker, Screen Capture, RAW images and More.
- More than 1,000 filters and results
- Good group organization.
- Excellent for creating eye-catching collages
- Easily create interesting GIFs
- User interface can be improved.
- Basic version Very limited
5. Medi bang (Free)
Another free photoshop alternative app. This app provides a very user interface that is very similar to the Photoshop user interface.
So if you are looking for something that looks and sounds like Adobe software, then this might be a great help to you. Having said that, software has very powerful tools to help you draw on your computer.
- Good user interface
- Many tools to choose from
- No layer effect
- It can be a little complicated at first
6. Crello (Have free plan)
Crello is available with free plan and can be used for editing images or add filters on image.
Crello is an online graphic design tool that allows anyone to quickly create content for social media, blogs, marketing, advertising, and much more without professional design skills.
- Remove backgrounds from images
- Create designs from scratch using custom dimensions
- Have complete tutorial on website
- Lots of templates available for creating social media campaigns.
- To have all the features, you need to pay
- Limited access to some features (like image background removal) for free users.
7. Photopea (Free)
Photopea is free online photoshop like PSD, image or design, editing/creating tool, which a professional developer/designer can use easily without installing any software and on the go.
Photopea is an advanced image editor, which can work with both raster and vector graphics.
You can create a new image or open existing files from your computer. Save your work as PSD (File - Save as PSD) or as JPG / PNG / SVG (File - Export as)
- Edit Image/PSD without downloading any software.
- You can export the final product in most of your favorite formats: PNG, JPEG, SVG, and more
- Free to use
- Have almost all features and design like Photoshop
- Difficult to learn.
Pixlr is an excellent photo editing and design tools. Edit photos and create stunning designs right in your browser, on your phone or desktop for free. Start from an empty canvas, a photo, a video or select one of our professionally crafted templates.
- Automatically remove backgrounds one by one or from 50 photos in one go
- Pixlr is extremely easy to use for complete beginners
- Free to use
- Animate any design in just a few clicks with Pixlr.
- Features related to AI cut is in paid plans
That's it, there are many other tools but we had to list only free tools and those which are easy to use, if we have missed any tool, please write it down in comments section.
You may also like to read: