If you are trying to reinstall your Microsoft store then you’re at the right place. I’ll show you how easily you can reinstall your Microsoft store on your windows. You may have unintentionally uninstalled the Store app or another program and now want to reinstall it but don't know-how.
If you have Microsoft Store on your computer and you cannot find it, you may not see the Microsoft little shopping bag icon, to look for it:
- You can type Microsoft Store in the little search box on the taskbar. If it shows up the select it.
- To make it handy and find it easily, press and hold (or right-click) the Microsoft Store Shopping bag-shaped Store icon tile and select Pin to Start Pin-shaped Pin icon or More > Pin to taskbar Pin-shaped Pin icon.
If you still cannot find the Microsoft Store after searching it then:
Check if you are signed in to your Microsoft account. If you are signed in to a different account then it may not show up. Microsoft Store may have been turned off. Check with your administrator if you're using a work device.
Ways to reinstall the Microsoft Store:
Clearing the Microsoft Store Cache
Step 1: Press the Right-button and then select Run.
Step 2: Now just type
wsreset.exe and click Enter.
Step 3: An empty command prompt window opens and closes after about 10 seconds. The Microsoft Store will then open automatically. Check if it is working properly again.
Another way to reinstall Microsoft Store is to reset it.
Please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Press the Start button at the bottom left of your screen.
Step 3: Click on Apps.
Step 4: Once in Apps and Features, Select Microsoft Store and click on Advanced Options.
Step 5: Click on the Reset button.
Step 6: Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
Step 7: Go back to the Microsoft Store and check if it is working properly again.
If this formula doesn’t work for you and still fail to get the Microsoft Store then you can follow the following ways to get it back. You can use PowerShell to uninstall and reinstall applications such as the Microsoft Store. On some Windows PowerShell is pre-installed. You might have noticed that, unlike third-party programs, built-in apps cannot be uninstalled using the Settings app. To uninstall native programs from Windows 10, we must either use native PowerShell or a third-party tool.
Reinstall your Microsoft Store using Powershell:
Step 1: Go to search and then type PowerShell.
Step 2: Click on open
Step 3: Click the right button & then select start.
Step 4: Choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).
Step 5: Now you will see the User Account Control interface, press yes for the next step.
Step 6: Enter the following command line in PowerShell. You can also copy and paste it directly into PowerShell: GetAppxpackage – Allusers.
Step 7: Then click enter.
Step 8: If the command line works effectively, you should scroll down to find the Windows Store entry.
Step 9: Find the PackageFullName line and copy the contents next to it.
Step 10: Run the following command line in PowerShell: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\xxxxx\AppxManifest.xml" –DisableDevelopmentMode. Here, you need to replace “xxxxx” with the copied content you have got in step 7. In this post, it should be Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_12011.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" –DisableDevelopmentMode.
Step 11: Now just wait for a while for the system to reinstall the Windows Store on your Windows computer.
Step 12: You have to reboot your computer.
When you reinstall Microsoft Store using the method above, you may receive an error message. The following screenshot is an example.
If any error message shows up then you cannot reinstall Microsoft Store. You have to try another method to get the job done.
You need to download the Microsoft Store Appx Bundle / Package from Microsoft and install it on your computer.
- You have to visit https://store.rg-adguard.net/.
- Copy and paste the following URL to the URL text box: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/microsoft-store/9wzdncrfjbmp.
- Choose Retail.
- Press the Generate icon.
- Look for the .NET Framework, .NET Runtime, and VC Libs files to download. You need to download the correct version according to the bitness your computer is using. For example, I’m using 64-bit operating system, I need to select the files for 64-bit operating system.
I choose to download the following files:
- You have to run each .appx file.
- Then Run the appxbundle file.
- After these steps, Microsoft Store will be reinstalled on your computer. To find out which version you’re using you can go to Microsoft Store > Settings.
By following the above ways you can reinstall your Microsoft Store. It may feel complicated but trust me once you are there you will get it very easily.
You may also like to read: