In one of the previous article, we have mentioned Best Free Windows Antivirus Software and Top 10 Browser Antivirus, now in this article, I have mentioned about best firewall for windows which you can download and use.
What is firewall and why do we need it?
Although when you install Windows like Windows 10 or Windows 7 or Windows 11, it comes with free inbuilt Windows Firewall, but it is good to have extra firewall to maximize security of your Windows.
But what does firewall does?
A firewall is a software or hardware that prevents hackers and certain types of malware from gaining remote access to a computer over the world wide web.
The firewall is not the same as an antivirus or anti-malware program.
A firewall’s main objective is to establish a barrier or you can a "wall", that separates an internal network from incoming external traffic (such as the internet) for the purpose of blocking malicious network packets like malware and hacking.
So, let's take a look at some of the free/paid best firewall available for windows, mac or linux.
1. Comodo Firewall (Free and Paid)
If you need a satisfactory firewall carrier, free from cost, you may download the Comodo firewall.
This award-winning firewall guards your computer against viruses, malware, and hackers. The UI of the Comodo firewall is sleek and user-friendly.
The good thing about this firewall is that it has the ability to block apps. If the Comodo firewall detects that an app is attempting to change settings, it will block the program and notify the user of the security issue.
- This safety software program's concept is that prevention is preferable to cure. So, it protects viruses and malware earlier than they input the laptop.
- Comodo Firewall makes use of the auto-sandbox era. This era isolates untrusted packages from the relaxation of the laptop application of the laptop.
- As we use it daily though, new viruses and malware are created. So firewalls constantly want to be up to date approximately those newly evolved viruses and malware.
- Comodo Firewall gives an auto-replace feature. This software program gives ‘Game Mode’ and ‘Training Mode.
- Both modes provide customization experiences. Moreover, this software program can examine cloud-primarily based totally conduct to hit upon malware instantly.
- Phishing safety and overall performance of comodo firewall isn't exceptional level.
2 Tiny Wall (Free)
TinyWall is a lightweight, user-friendly, and secure firewall for Windows. It is a totally loose however feature-wealthy firewall for Windows 10.
Tiny wall is a completely unique firewall as compared to other firewalls.
In this software program, you could manually allow a listing of software programs to furnish community access. Moreover, in case you are trying to limit pointless firewall notifications, you could relieve yourself from worrying notifications via way of means of the use of Tiny Wall.
- This firewall filters now no longer best on untrusted packages however additionally in boot time.
- If you need to set brief firewall policies or block IPs or domains, you could achieve this the use of Tiny Wall.
- The pleasant factor approximately this software program isn't any want to put in extra drivers or kernel components.
- So new firewall set up does now no longer have an effect on the Windows gadget processing speed.
- You aren't disturbed via way of means of the notification popup. This software program restricts pop-up notifications.
- Moreover, you could experience permitting or limiting communique with LAN.
- If you're the use of confined reminiscence on your gadget and need a loose, no advertisements firewall, you could consider Tiny Wall.
- There isn't any safety towards DDoS attacks
3. Evorim (Free)
If you're looking for a free firewall, Evorim is another option. It protects your computer from online threats. Windows 10 is supported by this firewall. You can completely control the entire system on your PC using Evorim.
Control every program on your computer by permit or deny access to the Internet.
Free firewall notifies you when applications want to access the Internet in the background without your knowledge.
- You may use Evorim to protect yourself from external and internal remote access risks, as well as gain access to your personal information.
- When an unapproved application tries to connect to your network, you'll get a message right away, and you can choose whether or not to allow that application to connect to the internet.
- Alternatively, you can block telemetry data transfer from server vendor software.
- Evorim's easy management informs you of this organized list of operating systems and services.
- With Evorim, you could outline utility policies, domains, IPs. These policies decide which internet site or software gets permission to apply or now no longer.
- In addition, you could create a fixed of policies and specify which policies were carried out or now no longer.
- The firewall does now no longer delivers any word while it mechanically blocks any software. In addition, it does now no longer offer to analyze mode.
4. Peerblock (Free)
PeerBlock is a free and open-source personal firewall that blocks packets coming from, or going to, a maintained list of black listed hosts.
It blocks incoming and outgoing connections to IP addresses that are included on blacklists (made available on the Internet), and to addresses specified by the user. PeerBlock mainly uses blacklists provided by iblocklist.com.
PeerBlock is a useful application for frequent users of P2P networks, since it will add an extra layer of security to your downloads.
- Blocks whole lists of IPs.
- Blocks pop-ups and ads from websites.
- You should have some IT knowledge before using it.
5. AVS Firewall (Free)
AVS Firewall is a powerful application that helps you protect your registry files from being modified by malicious programs, block pop-ups, monitor the available Internet connections and many other.
This feature-rich program will also send you notifications to your desktop with the Internet activity.
- Allows parental control
- You will be able to protect your children from accessing websites with adult content, violence or vulgar language.
- Have lots of features
- Offer you detailed reports of the Internet activity
- Available in many languages
- Hasn’t been updated for a long time.
6. Outpost Firewall (Free)
Unlike other personal firewalls, Outpost starts protecting against all kinds of internal and external attacks as soon as it's installed.
This is the first firewall with an open architecture and support for plug-ins, so its capabilities can easily be extended by thousands of developers worldwide.
Also, Outpost Firewall records all answers in pop-up messages without the need to create additional rules.
Outpost Firewall Free is a good choice for those seeking a balance of functionality and interface.
- Standard packet and application filtering safeguard your computer from unwanted communications.
- Lets you see network activity in real time, to help define inappropriate connections and close them right away.
- Maintains your privacy on the Internet, keeps browser protected from Internet dangers
- Send too many popups.
- No longer being developed.
That's it, these are few best free firewall for windows, if we have missed any good one, you can let us know using comments.
You may also like to read: