In previous article, I mentioned How to Ungroup Taskbar Items in Windows 11 but as every good thing has its downside, and Windows notification is not an exemption, so in this article, I mentioned how to disable or Turn Off Notifications in Windows 11.
By default, Windows 11 features a notification system that sends important alerts concerning the Systems, applications, or online webs. It notifies you when you have updates, new messages, or System and other application actions.
The intention behind this feature is to provide reminders and enhance productivity, but sometimes, it becomes annoying and unbearable, but it is fantastic that you can turn it off. This post discusses the steps to turn off notifications in Windows 11.
Ways to Turn Off Notifications in Windows 11
There are several ways to turn off notifications in Windows 11. You can turn off the system Notifications or specific app notifications using the settings app. You can also turn off Notifications with the Registry Editor and the systems Notification center.
Disable System Notifications With the Settings App
Follow the steps below to turn off or disable the system notifications in the settings app. This method will turn off all Windows notifications, and it will not be active till you turn it on.
Step 1: Settings
Access the settings app on your PC in the following ways:
- Press the Windows button + I on the keyboard.
- Click the Windows button on the taskbar and click on Settings under the pinned apps in the start menu.
- Right-click on the Windows button instead of clicking on it, and double-click on Settings from the options that display to open it.
Step 2: System
Click on the System option in the sidebar of the settings window. The option tops the list of PC settings in the sidebar and it will likely be highlighted by default.
Step 3: Notifications
The System settings will display on the right side of the settings window. Click on Notifications to continue. It lets you customize how you get alerts from apps and the system
Step 4: Toggle Notifications Off
When the notifications window displays, you will see another notification tile at the top of the options on the page. This option lets you get notifications from apps and other senders. Click on the toggle to the right of the notification tile, and it will turn off all Windows notifications - from the system and other apps.
Disable Specific App Notifications With the Settings App
Rather than turning off all Windows notifications, you can turn off notifications for specific apps. This option is suitable if the Notifications from a particular app are what annoy you. Here is how to go about it:
Step 1: Settings
Open the settings app with any of the methods in the first method above. However, the easiest way to open settings is to press the Windows button + I.
Step 2: System
On the settings window, click on the system at the top of the sidebar.
Step 3: Notification
Click on the notifications tile in the system settings.
Step 4: Notifications from Apps and Other Senders
After clicking notifications, scroll down to the "notifications from apps and other senders" section.
Step 5: Disable Notifications
The list of apps that sends you notifications will display in this section. Click on the toggle next to an app to turn off the Notifications. If you want to turn off notifications for two or more apps, click on the toggle next to each of them.
Disable All Windows Notifications Using Registry Editor
You can disable all Windows notifications using the system Registry Editor as follows:
- Open the Registry Editor app by using the Windows search option. Click the search button and enter "Registry Editor" in the search field, then click the icon from the search result to open it.
- In the Registry Editor window, follow this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications.
- Click on the PushNotifications folder, and its data will display on the right side of the window.
- Right-click on the right side of the window and hover the mouse pointer on New.
- Other clickable options will display on the page, select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- You will see the new file you just created on the page. Change the name to ToastEnabled.
- Double click on the new file you created and set the data value to 0. Select the Hexadecimal option in the base section and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor and reboot your PC
Disable Specific App Notifications in the Notifications Center
You can turn off notifications for a specific app in the notifications center if you just received an alert from the app in question. Here is how to do this:
- Open the Notifications Center by pressing the Windows button + N on your keyboard.
- The notification bar will display, and you will see the recent alerts from various apps. Click on the options button (three dots) next to an app to disable its notifications.
- Click on turn off all notifications for the app. You will see the name of the specific app in the instruction.
That is all on how to disable notifications in Windows 11. Note that you can always re-enable all Notifications if you change your mind.
You may also like to read: